Pages

12.31.2014

Baby R2: 16-18 weeks


As I mentioned in my last post, life has been absolutely insane, which means these posts have taken a backseat. {Sorry, R2 ... life will probably just be like that.} Since it's been pretty basic I'm just combining the past three weeks into one post. 

How far along: Sixteen-eighteen weeks!

How big is the baby: 
Sixteen weeks: Size of an avocado ... about 4.5 inches long and 3.5 ounces. Legs are more developed and ears close to their final position.

Seventeen weeks: Weighs about 5 ounces, the size of a turnip, and about 5 inches long. Skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. Baby can move joins and sweat glands are starting to form. 

Eighteen weeks: Baby is about the size of a bell pepper - 5.5 inches from head to rump and weighs about 7 ounces. Busy flexing arms and legs. Blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and a protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around nerves. If baby is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If a boy, his genitals are noticeable now. 
Weight gain/loss: Up 9 pounds. Yikes. The doctors office says this is great, but that's six lbs. in three weeks AND I still didn't have a positive gain at this point in my pregnancy with Coop. I intend to get rid of most of the crap holiday food around the house and back on track for healthier eating this week, and have a prenatal workout DVD ordered.

Sleep: No complaints. Began using the body pillow last week and that helped. Hubby and I also rearranged our bedroom over the weekend and flipped the mattress, which was a big help as well. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I really can't think of anything specific. I like all food.

Gender: Still thinking girl. We refer to her as "Baby Margaret." Total steal from Daniel Tiger, and I also love that it annoys people who seem to think that's the worst name ever. LOL. But we are still planning to hold out until birth to know for sure.

Movement: Still feeling the butterflies/crampy-type sensations. I think I'm beginning to feel some more definite moves.

Worries: Nothing comes to mind! Last update I thought I was huge, but now comparing to my last pregnancy it seems the belly is basically the same.

The belly: Still rounding out. Getting too big for most of my "normal" clothes but still don't have enough of a gut to hold up maternity clothes. I've been wearing a size up (I kept quite a few of those clothes after I lost weight) and it's been about perfect.


--- I accidentally skipped my 16 week photo, so just 17 & 18 weeks below.






What I'm Loving: That it is beginning to look like more of a baby.

Symptoms: Exhaustion. Acne. Heartburn. Headaches. 

Milestones: Nothing specific. 

What's different this time: Being pregnant over the holidays/having a bigger weight gain

What I'm looking forward to: I've been looking forward to Christmas break of course. 

Best moment of the week(s): Being off work for 2 weeks! I've been able to catch up on sleep and other tasks in life, as well as get some time to relax. 



Pin It








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)