Pages

1.25.2010

Shapin' Up: Week Two

OK, so week two wasn't near as awesome as I'd hoped it would be. I'm going to blame a lot of it on my lack of self-control ... my friend had a hot tub party on Saturday night and while I kept the alcohol in check, I did not do so well with the eating ... especially when the chips and dip came out! And all that the night before weigh-in wasn't that great either. 
Still, I managed to have a small loss this week - once again, 0.8 pounds - so my total weight loss is 1.6 pounds. As long as I'm losing, I don't care how big or small :)
Plus, I can say that I know my body is changing more than just that pound and a half. When I look in the mirror after I get out of the shower, etc., I see that things are a lot tighter. Plus, I remind myself that I am still building muscle. 
One thing I'd like to do a lot better on is my extra cardio workouts. I only went to the gym one extra day last week - in fairness, though, I planned to go on Friday but forgot a T-shirt, of all things :) 
I plan to go today though, and made sure my T-shirt was packed in my workout bag. My goal is going to be three days a week, with an extra 30 to 45 minutes of cardio each day, in addition to The Shred. 
I'm also being a bit mean to myself to gain some extra motivation. 
It's been almost a year since I last had highlights and I'm hating how blah my hair looks. Well, I decided that I'm going to earn it, and won't schedule them until I've lost just over 10 pounds. I figure that will give me a good push to lose more weight. We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)