Pages

10.10.2011

Monday randoms

- I wish I had the money to hire a maid. The house is seriously out of control and I don't even know where to begin. Our living room is clean (and still without half the furniture) as is the master bedroom. But this week, I decided I want to try and deep clean it again before the baby arrives. Nesting?
- The nursery is 95 percent painted. All it lacks is the trim on one doorway and the window. I think that tonight, we will tackle that and give the room another good cleaning, then start setting up furniture tomorrow/Wednesday!
- While painting the nursery (literally in the last few feet) hubby accidentally stepped into the paint tray and it made a HUGE mess. Luckily our carpet cleaning friend says he can get it out and will come by later this week. I was in the bath at the time, so hubby dripped paint the entire way to the kitchen. Yes, he is still alive.
- We took maternity pictures yesterday! The weather was great and I can't wait to see them! I looked at a few through the camera and only have one word - LOVE.
- Afterwards, J and I went into town to grab a bite to eat and do a little grocery shopping. When we got home, we curled up on the couch and watched Amazing Race. Sadly, those six hours are the most quality time we've gotten to spend together in probably two weeks. Pregnancy hormones are a b*tch.
- Right now, I crave anything with apples or pumpkin.
- The kidney stone isn't really bothering me anymore. So hopefully it's passed? I'm curious to see what they say at my dr. appointment tomorrow regarding managing it.
- This Saturday, we have a nursing class and a six-hour childbirth/infant care class. I'm ready for a weekend with no plans!
- I may have a babysitter lined up!
- We are still looking for a family doctor. Luckily we don't have to have one in place before we leave the hospital, although it is ideal.
- I worked for 12 hours on Saturday. When I got home my fingers were so swollen it was tough to get my rings off. And I don't even want to talk about my poor feet that were stuck in tennis shoes all that time. Right now, I think all that's still swelling are my calves.
- I have fall break this week :) My mom is planning to come help me get some food ready for the freezer and things ready for/set up in the nursery.
- I'm making arrangements for work events during my maternity leave. It's so weird to know it's so close!
- How is it already Oct. 10? Where on earth did September go? But I'm glad time is passing by quickly.
- Am I the only one upset to see America keep voting Chaz Bono to stay on DWTS, although he is consistently at the bottom of the leader board and basically just stands there/takes a few steps while Lacey does all the dancing?


4 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are stressing over a sitter. Our ideal person isn't taking any children full time because she only does before and after school. Then our 2nd hope person turned out she doesn't do it anymore and is always sick. So now, we have no ideas and are worried about the cost and the person being a stranger. What did you do to find a good person to line up?

    So glad you aren't feeling pain from the kidney stone anymore!

    Aww, yay for QT with your hubby. Get all you can now! :)

    And about your break this week..... jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you arent feeling so good.

    Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking that this whole entire year has flown by!! It's insane!! I'm glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our to do lists sound so similar! Ha! You are accomplishing a lot! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)