Pages

1.06.2011

11 in '11 - Day Six




I can't wait to read everyone's organization tips today --- because while I may want to be organized, I am far from it! 


However, I am a big list maker. Whenever there is a party, we are packing, or I'm just trying to get something accomplished, I always make a list. Not only does it keep you in focus, I love being able to scratch items off the "to do" list.


I also buy a lot of plastic totes for storage. My frugal mom thinks boxes work and totes are a waste of money - but I think that totes are just a lot easier to stack, look neater, and hold up over time. 


Every year, my mom and I have a yard sale. So, throughout the year, if I see something that we haven't used/worn in awhile, I'll go ahead and place it in a tote/box. Once it's full, I go ahead and price it. This helps keep our drawers and closets semi-organized, and makes garage sale time a breeze!


I think the hardest thing for me to keep organized is the kitchen! How do all those ladies have perfect cabinets, pantries, etc.? If you have any tips for me, please share!!!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the plastic totes for storage over boxes. Boxes just dont look as nice and the edges get all beat up over time. I would much rather spend the money for plastic totes.
    I have learned that right after Christmas, walmart puts all of there red and green ones on clearance because its "christmas." As long as you dont mind the colored ones you can get them for super cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clear totes...helps so much to keep things neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to making my lists each morning at work. Days without lists are so much more difficult for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to figure out kitchen organization, so difficult!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)