Pages

1.10.2011

Happy Birthday!


Sunday was Jim's birthday. In our house, there is a rule that you stay 25 forever. Jim got the biggest smile on his face when I brought in the cake with these candles - not the ones with the numbers others may say he actually is :)


We had a big weekend - because it's also a rule in our house that you get a birthday week! Friday night J helped me take down the last of the Christmas in the basement and get it cleaned up, then we played pool, chilled and I did some more housework. 


After I got off work on Saturday, I did some last-minute shopping and then went home to finish laundry and cleaning for his party that night! We just had friends and family over and chilled in the basement. 




I got to see some of my girls!




And Jessi brought her little boy. He was such a trooper until about 11 p.m. - when he went in the workout room with Hank (who was gated) and laid down on Hank's bed! Hank wasn't too happy to have some kid taking over his bed!




I let Jim open a couple of his gifts on Saturday - a Disaronno gift pack before ppl came over and his Brew N Go coffeemaker before bed. So after breakfast on Sunday, he got to open the rest. By far, this was the favorite:




Although he has wrenches, they are in a box he totes around in his truck. These are to keep in his new tool box :) And I bought the organizers at Sears because he likes to keep things neat. Jim also got his 3-ton floor jack kit, a shirt and a new book for his birthday!


After we laid around and watched the movie Inside Man on USA, we got cleaned up and headed to Cape Girardeau. There was a Starving Artists art sale that we decided to stop by. We found a ton of great pieces, but sadly, nothing that fits in our house :( I had planned to take Jim to Shoguns, a Japanese grill, but he decided he wasn't in the mood for that, so we ended up going to Buckner's this neat Brewery. After sampling some beers, I had the honey wheat while J stuck with his usual Michelob Ultra.



Like most of the country, it's freezing in these parts, so we decided to just head home, put on our pajamas and cuddle under the covers. All in all, I think it was a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! That cake looks delicious.. that chocolate frosting!!! yummm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I love japanese grill restaurants, they are always so fun! but the brewery I'm sure was a lot of a fun.

    BTW- The staying 25 forever sounds like something I may have to start doing at my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Happy "25", J. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)