Pages

1.18.2011

Weekend wrap-up

I know it's Tuesday, but pretty much everyone (except J!) was off yesterday, so I don't feel too far behind with this recap. 


{Friday}
We both got off work early, so we decided to pick up a Papa Murphy's pizza (yum) and a BluRay. We watched Salt and really liked it - even though I am not an Angelina fan AT ALL.




{Saturday}
... was a full day! We started off the day by donating blood (although J was deferred due to recently completing his Hep B series of vaccines). Then, we drove to Ark. — J's parents wanted to cook him a birthday dinner. They live about an hour away, so it was easiest to do this on the weekend. We had a nice big meal of fried chicken, fried potatoes, biscuits, gravy and macaroni and cheese followed by cake. We were so stuffed that J and I ended up falling asleep in the living room later - oops :) We had to leave kinda early so we could make it to our friend's 10-year-old's birthday party, and then went home pretty early and read after our long day. 


{Sunday}
Slept in and made waffles for breakfast. Our waffle iron was seriously one of the best Christmas gifts we've ever gotten (thanks, James and Amy!) I did some house cleaning and later went to a bridal show with a good friend and another of her friends who are both getting married. I later ordered my bm dress for Jessica's wedding - we waited so long, it's online only, but 50 percent off! After dinner, we caught some of the Golden Globes and did a lot more reading. 


{Monday}
I did A LOT of cleaning. Our pantry hasn't been organized since moving over a year ago and I stockpile so much, it was getting out of hand. It's kinda embarrassing, but here's the before:




After some of the shelves were cleared, I noticed screws were coming out on three of the shelves! I tried to get them back in place with a screwdriver, but no luck. J told me to keep everything out and he'd fix it when he got home ...




So, I tackled a cabinet! Here are the before and afters:






I also cleaned out my car and swept and mopped the basement! Once J got home, he couldn't find studs to anchor the shelves, but said they were sturdy. So I filled 'em back up! Here is the final pantry result:




Much better, in my opinion :)


In the in-between time, I also did 464721647 loads of laundry. It was a busy, but productive day off work!


How was your weekend? 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your pantry! Mine is not quite as large, but I'm convinced an organized pantry is a happy one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Salt the other day, and I really liked it! I was surprised, because I thought I wouldn't when I saw previews for it! Im with you, I am not an Angelina fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have to do this in the worst way, howvever I keep putting it off!! Thanks for following my blog! I am a new follower of yours now too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments :)